Tangerine & Vanilla Sugar Cookies Recipe
The perfect citrus cookie — crispy on the edges and chewy in the center, from our friend Courtney Whitmore, @pizzazzerie. Enjoy with our Tangerine & Vanilla fragrance!
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together for at least 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, tangerine juice, vanilla extract, and tangerine zest. Stir to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. For larger cookies, aim for 11+ minutes. For smaller cookies, aim for 9 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid over-baking.
- Optional: When removing cookies from oven, sprinkle with sugar and top with extra tangerine zest.