Lemon Lavender Cookies
Have some fun with @goingforgrace's gorgeous Lemon Lavender cookies, inspired by her favorite fragrance of the season.
- 1 tsp culinary lavender
- 2 tsp lemon zest (leave some aside for garnish)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose-flour
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, lemon zest, and culinary lavender.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until it comes together as a ball of dough.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spoon over cookies and spread until fully covered. Let set before serving.