Refreshing Iced Pineapple Sweet Tea
Escape to Paradise with @pizzazzerie's Refreshing Iced Pineapple Sweet Tea — a tropical twist on the traditional sweet tea inspired by our new Last Paradise Collection!
Servings: 10 Ingredients:
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 regular-size black tea bags
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups pineapple juice
To make simple syrup:
- Heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to boil.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and forms the simple syrup.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and pour into a container.
- Store in refrigerator while making tea.
To make tea:
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart (4 cups) of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add tea bags (tie strings together for easy removal later) and baking soda.
- Allow tea to steep for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the simple syrup.
- Pour tea in a large pitcher and add in remaining water and pineapple juice.
- Serve over ice.
- Optional: garnish with fresh mint and pineapple!
- You can add more or less pineapple juice to your tea to taste. For a boozy drink, add some rum!